A list and descriptions of recently purchased books with Biblical Maps and Charts appear below.
These books will be kept in the Church School Office and are available to all teachers.
Please take a quick look through the list to familiarize yourselves with what is available.
List of Biblical Maps and Charts
1. Holman Book of Biblical Charts, Maps, and Reconstructions
Edited By: Marsha Ellis Smith
B&H Books / 1994 / Hardcover
Detailed color maps, charts, and timelines; artistic renderings of biblical cities and artifacts; cross-references to the Holman Bible Handbook and Dictionary; and more!
176 pages, spiralbound hardcover.
2. Then and Now Bible Maps OriginalRose Publishing / 1997 / Other, N/A
Transparent maps of modern-day Mediterranean and Middle Eastern countries lie flat over Bible maps showing the lands and cities where the patriarchs, Jesus, and the apostle Paul traveled. Tremendously helpful!
20 pages, spiralbound hardcover from Rose.
3. Dictionary Holman Illustrated Bible, Revised and Expanded
B&H Books / 2003 / Hardcover
· Exhaustive definitions of people, places, things and events-dealing with every subject in the Bible
· Over 700 full-color photos, illustrations and charts.
· Unique scale drawings and reconstructions of biblical places and objects based on careful archaeological research.
· Over 60 new, full-color maps with map index
· Major articles on theological topics, collective articles on plants, animals, occupations, etc.
· Pronunciation guide for all proper nouns and other hard-to-pronounce words.
· Up-to-date archaeological information from excavations in Israel.
· Timeline that compares biblical history to world history
· Summary definitions that begin each entry for quick reference.
· A variety of Bible translations used-the only dictionary that includes the HCSB, NIV, KJV, RSV, NRSV,REB, NASB, ESV, and TEV.
· Many articles based on the original languages, but written in a user-friendly style. Technical language and abbreviations are avoided.
· Extensive cross-referencing of related articles
· "Quicktabs": marginal alphabetical guides for quick and easy location of information
4. Leonard's Biblical Chronological Chart
By: C.W. Leonard
Attic Books / 2010 / Hardcover
A great visual tool, this authentic reproduction of a 19th-century chart includes maps of Canaan, the Middle East, Israel's journey out of Egypt, and Paul's travels; genealogical trees of Jacob's family and the kings of Judah and Israel; a chronology of biblical events; facts on every book of the Bible; lists of weights, lengths, and sizes throughout history; and much more! Measures 32" x 28.5" (opened). From Attic Books.
5. A Guide to Biblical Sites in Greece and Turkey
Oxford University Press / Paperback
In biblical writings, and particularly in the New Testament, the areas encompassed by modern countries of Greece and Turkey appear prominently. Nearly two-thirds of the New Testament, including all the letters of Paul, most of Acts, and the book of Revelation, are set in either Turkey or Greece. This book is intended to serve as a historical, biblical, and archaeological guide to most of these biblical sites.
6.Rose Book of Bible Maps, Charts, & Time Lines Set - Volumes 1-3
· Rose Publishing / Other, N/AProduct Description Vol 1
35 popular Rose Publishing Bible charts, maps, and time lines in one concealed spiral bound book.
Over 180 pages of full color Bible charts, maps, time lines and illustrations.
Features 114 pages of full-color bible charts of: General Bible Charts, Old Testament Charts, New Testament Charts, Maps, Illustrations and Diagrams, Christianity, Cults & Religions, and Index.
It also contains 22 Pages of time lines including: A Bonus Time Line 22" wide foldout, How We Got the Bible, Kings and Prophets, Christian History Time Line, and 19 Pages of "Then and Now" Bible Maps and Other Full color maps of Bible Lands, and 25 Pages of Colorful Illustrations include: Noah's Ark, The Tabernacle, Solomon's Temple, Herod's Temple, and Jerusalem at the time of Jesus.
Product Description Vol 2
32 full-color resources includes "Bible Translations Comparison Chart," "Heroes of the Old Testament," "Women of the Bible," "Life of Paul," "Christ in the Old Testament," "Christ in the Passover," "Names of Jesus," "Beatitudes," "Lord's Prayer," "Worldviews Comparison," and more!
192 reproducible pages, spiralbound hardcover.
Product Description Vol 3.
More than 220 reproducible charts, photographs, maps, and handouts. Topics include spiritual gifts; the lives of Esther and David; the parables of Jesus; the attributes of God; and more. Perfect for busy people who want hundreds of facts at a glance.
Sunday, September 13, 2015, is "Registration Day" and the "1st Day of Classes" for our St. Nicholas Church School.
After Holy Communion all Church School students should proceed to their classrooms as usual to start the new year.
Parish children who have celebrated their 3rd birthday and up should register for the appropriate grade of Church School this Sunday as follows:
Three things are needed to register for Church School:
You can save a lot of time and effort by filling (and reusing) the Registration Form and the Emergency Card(s) using a computer ahead of time.
The Registration Form and the Emergency Card, as well as complete instructions, are available on-line at the Church School website:
Please take a few moments to fill out the two forms ahead of time.
It is a strict requirement of our parish regulations that children who attend Church School must register and submit both a Registration Form and an Emergency Card.
If you need help with registration please let us know. We will be happy to help.
We hope to see everyone this Sunday, at Church School and at the Parish Picnic that follows.