posted Jan 24, 2015, 6:26 PM by St. Nicholas Church School Ann Arbor Michigan
updated Jan 24, 2015, 6:30 PM
This Sunday, January 12, 2014, we will have the cutting of the Vasilopitta in church and in our Church School classrooms.
These are a few related reminders.
This Sunday is also the conclusion of our Coin Collection for St. Basil’s Academy. The Church School office will collect the coins from all classrooms, package them, and deliver them to our Philoptohos to be sent on to St. Basil’s Academy.
- It has been our parish tradition that each St. Nicholas organization makes a contribution to St. Basil's Academy when it receives its piece of Vasilopitta from Fr. Nick in church. As in past years, the Church School contribution comes from a collection from the teachers that will be made at the start of Church School this Sunday.
- Most classrooms have made arrangements for providing a Vasilopitta for their students. If you need help please contact Katherine Phan immediately (email@example.com).
- Teachers should please remember to bring
- a knife for cutting the Vasilopitta in their classroom, and
- a camera for taking pictures of the event.
- The Church School office has enough plates and napkins for handing out Vasilopitta pieces to the students. So, there is no need for teachers to bring more.